A hearty breakfast: the perfect French toast
Weekends are made for slowing down and enjoying a hearty breakfast. Make a delicious change from pancakes or waffles, and add French toast to your weekend breakfast menu. Classically served with maple syrup with a side of bacon, try topping yours with seasonal fruit, and you’re good to get the day started. Enjoy this easy-to-make recipe.
Ingredients for four servings:
3.5 oz raspberries
3.5 oz blueberries
1.75 oz mascarpone
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 Tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup milk
8 slices of toast or brioche
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
pinch of cinnamon
1. Wash raspberries and blueberries, pat dry and set aside.
2. Mix mascarpone with yogurt and lemon juice.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add milk, salt, sugar and cinnamon and stir until combined.
4. Heat pan on the stove at medium heat, add butter and melt.
5. While pan is heating, dip the slices of bread, one at a time, into the mixture, ensuring the bread is soaked.
6. Fry the coated bread in the buttered pan for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden brown in color.
7. Garnish French toast with berries and mascarpone. Serve immediately.