Holà, Mexico! Mexican cuisine is trending. Colourful, spicy and vivacious, it delights fans, among other things, with its great variety of dishes such as tacos, tortillas and guacamole. And the best thing is: you can easily prepare burritos and wraps at home with the °SensoRed® crêpe pan.
The colour change in the °SensoRed® crêpe pan's nonstick coating helps chefs identify the ideal time for pouring in the batter. This means that even the first crêpe will be perfect, and you can also easily prepare other Tex-Mex favourites such as burritos and wraps. Our recipe for wraps with a juicy filling will bring the heat of Mexico to your plate. It is perfect combined with a fruity-sweet salsa with tomatoes and peppers, which also pairs very well with nachos.
Wraps with a Tex-Mex Filling and a Salsa with Red and Yellow Peppers
Ingredients for 6 persons
For the wraps:
220 g wheat flour
30 g cornmeal
250 ml warm water
For the filling:
1 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
200 g tomatoes
3 spring onions
6 stalks of coriander
500 g minced meat
200 g kidney beans
200 g corn
6 tbsp. crème fraîche
For the paprika salsa:
1 clove of garlic
1 chili pepper
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
5 tbsp. cane sugar
5 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 tin of tomato chunks
1. Mix the wheat flour, cornmeal and salt in a bowl.
2. Keep stirring while you add in the water.
3. Knead the mixture thoroughly until you have a firm, supple dough.
4. Divide the dough into 6 to 8 equal parts and roll it out into flat disks.
5. Heat up the °SensoRed® crêpe pan until it has reached the ideal temperature.
6. Slide each flatbread into the pan individually and bake on one side until bubbles appear.
7. Stack the wraps on a plate and keep them warm until you are ready to fill them.
TIP: The dough can only be rolled out easily when warm, so make sure to keep it in a warm place.
1. Peel the onions and cut them into thin rings. Peel the garlic and finely chop it.
2. Dice the tomatoes, removing the seeds.
3. Wash and finely chop the spring onions and the coriander.
4. Heat some olive oil in a deep coated pan and braise the onions and garlic in it. Then add the minced meat and fry it from all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add in the diced tomatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes with the lid on.
6. Stir in the beans and the corn and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Season with paprika powder and let cool slightly.
8. Spread 1 tbsp. crème fraîche each onto the pre-warmed wraps and distribute the filling on one side. Scatter over the spring onions and coriander.
9. Fold in the sides of the wraps and carefully roll them up.
1. Peel the garlic and finely chop it. Cut the chili into fine rings.
2. Finely dice the peppers.
3. Fry off the garlic in a pan with olive oil. Add in the chili rings and the diced peppers and continue frying.
4. Sprinkle with the sugar and lightly caramelise.
5. Deglaze with vinegar and allow to simmer briefly.
6. Add in the tomato chunks and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
7. Serve cooled with the wraps.
TIP: If you prefer it less spicy, first remove the seeds from the chili pepper.