Almond Rice Pudding & Strawberries
4 1/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 1/3 cups risotto rice
1 vanilla pod, or 2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
2 cups strawberries
1/2 cup almond slivers
Step by step
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Bring the almond milk, sugar, vanilla pods and pulp to a boil and stir continuously.
- Once the milk has come to a boil, add the rice and salt.
- After a minute, turn off the heat, cover the pot and leave it on the burner for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Zest the lemon after rinsing it in warm water and patting it dry.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan. Wash the strawberries, remove the stalks and quarter. Mix the almonds and strawberries.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the rice and stir in the lemon zest. Serve the almond milk rice pudding while still warm with strawberries and almond slivers.
Eating the almond milk rice pudding cold also tastes wonderful. Just leave the rice pudding covered overnight in the refrigerator and then stir in 1 cup of almond milk once you are ready to eat it.