Artichokes in Lemon Butter
4 medium fresh artichokes
1 cup water
4 Tbsp. butter
Step by step
- Remove the stems and sharp tips from the artichokes, and rinse under water.
- Add 1 cup of water and elevate the perforated steamer insert on the tripod of the pressure cooker.
- Place the artichokes in a perforated insert, close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt butter over medium- low heat and combine with juice squeezed from the lemon.
- After the 15 minutes cooking time, turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Remove artichokes, and serve on a plate with lemon butter in a dish for dipping.