Avocado Egg Salad
Preparation time : 30 minutes
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 cup arugula
4 large slices sourdough bread, toasted
Step by step
- Add eggs to removable cooking pot. Cover with enough water to immerse eggs. Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the EGGS button. 00:15 (15 minutes) will show on the LED display. Wait 3 seconds. It will start cooking and the time will start counting down. When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep.
- Carefully remove lid with oven mitts for safety. Remove removable cooking pot using oven mitts.
- Drain and run eggs under cold running water to stop the cooking. Peel and chop eggs.
- Stir together eggs, mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Fold in avocado, celery, green onion, chives and parsley. Divide arugula among slices of toast; top with egg salad.
- Alternatively, you can steam the eggs by placing them on the steaming rack with approximately 1 inch of water in bottom of cooking pot. Then place pot in multi pot.
- Serve egg salad on toasted bagels, English muffins or sandwich between 2 slices of whole grain bread if desired.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 5g