BBQ Pulled Pork
1 1/2 lbs. pork shoulder
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup beef broth
1Tbsp. liquid smoke
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1tsp. garlic powder
1 onion, cut in half
Step by step
- Cut pork into fist -sized chunks or smaller. In a large bowl, season the pork with the brown sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat the pressure cooker on high and add oil.
- Add pork and sear on all sides. Once seared, add the beef broth, liquid smoke, and onion.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises showing maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Remove pork and pull apart while hot with two forks.
- Serve with BBQ sauce and hamburger buns.