Brown Rice Pad Thai
Preparation time : 35 minutes
1 cup brown rice
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp tamarind paste or ketchup
4 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp each brown sugar and salt
1/2 cup ground peanuts, divided
2 cups bean sprouts
1 cup grated carrots
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 Thai chili peppers, thinly sliced
Lime wedges, for serving
Step by step
- Place rice and 1 1/4 cups water in the removable cooking pot and place the pot in the multi pot.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the MULTIGRAIN button. P20 (20 minutes) will show on the LED display. Wait 3 seconds. It will start cooking and the time will start counting down. When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep.
- Let pressure release on its own, or press Instant Pressure Release Button for quick release. Do not hold vent knob open. Safety Note: Using quick release method will release extremely hot steam into the air. This can cause burns. Please use oven mitts to protect your hands and arms, and keep all body parts, including the face, away from the steam vent.
- Once steam is released, carefully turn lid clockwise to unlock it. Remove the removable cooking pot using oven mitts for safety.
- Stir together lime juice, tamarind paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, canola oil, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, brown sugar and salt. Toss with rice; fold in half of the peanuts. Divide among 4 bowls. Top with bean sprouts, carrots, green onions, remaining peanuts, cilantro and chili peppers. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: For added protein, top rice with tofu, cooked shrimp, shredded chicken or sous vide soft-cooked egg.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 2g