Preparation time : 4 hours 25 minutes
1/2 cup plain 2% yogurt, divided
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 tbsp ghee
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup 35% heavy cream
1/4 cup tomato paste
4 tsp almond butter
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
2 cups cooked basmati rice, for serving
Step by step
- In large bowl, stir together half of the yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper; add chicken to bowl, tossing well. Transfer to resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
- Place removable cooking pot in the multi pot. Do not close the lid. Press SAUTÉ button when indicator light is flashing. P15 (minutes) will show on the LED display. Decrease cook time to 10 minutes.
- Once multi pot has reached correct temperature and has beeped 3 times, the timer will start counting down.
- Add ghee; heat for 1 minute. Add onion, garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne. Continue to cook until timer beeps. Stir in chicken with marinade, diced tomatoes, cream, tomato paste and almond butter.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the SLOW COOKING button on the multi pot. 04:00 (4 hours) will show on the LED display. When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep.
- Carefully open the lid. Spoon butter chicken onto bed of basmati rice. Drizzle with remaining yogurt and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Also delicious with warm naan bread.
- Stir in 1 cup thawed frozen peas at the end if desired. Cook until heated through on KEEP WARM function.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 20g