2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 yellow onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup capers
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 baguette sliced and toasted
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in the pressure cooker over medium high heat until shimmering.
- Add onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes to the pressure cooker and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (except the baguette) to the pressure cooker.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Serve caponata warm with toasted baguette slices, either in a bowl or spooned onto the slices.