Preparation time : 45 minutes
1/4 cup butter
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp each ground turmeric, curry powder, chili powder and paprika
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup plain 2% yogurt
Step by step
- Place removable cooking pot in the multi pot. Do not close the lid. Press SAUTÉ button when indicator light is flashing. P15 (minutes) will show on the LED display. Reduce cook time to 10 minutes. Once multi pot has reached correct temperature and has beeped 3 times, the timer will start counting down.
- Add butter; heat for 1 minute. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until starts to brown. Stir in onion, carrot, red pepper, ginger, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, chili powder and paprika. Cook until vegetables start to soften or timer beeps. Stir in rice, tomatoes, broth, raisins and lime juice.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the RICE button. P12 (12 minutes). Wait 3 seconds. It will start cooking and the time will start counting down. When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep.
- Let pressure release on its own, or press Instant Pressure Release Button for quick release. Do not hold vent knob open. Safety Note: Using quick release method will release extremely hot steam into the air. This can cause burns. Please use oven mitts to protect your hands and arms, and keep all body parts, including the face, away from the steam vent.
- Once steam is released, carefully turn lid clockwise to unlock it. Remove the removable cooking pot using oven mitts for safety.
- Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds and cilantro. Drizzle with yogurt.
Tip: Substitute beef tenderloin or lamb loin for chicken breasts.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 8g