Preparation time : 4 hours 15 minutes
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
1/3 cup tomato paste
2 cans (19 oz each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 large onion, chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp Indian curry paste
2 tbsp melted butter
1 serrano or jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and diced
4 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
4 cups packed baby kale
2 cups cooked basmati rice, for serving
Step by step
- Place removable cooking pot in the multi pot. Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste, stirring until blended. Stir in chickpeas, onion, lime juice, curry paste, butter, chili pepper, garam masala, ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the SLOW COOKING button on the multi pot. 04:00 (4 hours) will show on the LED display. When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep.
- Set to KEEP WARM function. Stir in kale. Let stand for 10 minutes or until kale wilts. Serve with basmati rice.
- Alternatively, cook 1 1/2 cups dried chickpeas on BEANS/CHILI function to pressure-cook them quickly until tender.
- For a dairy-free dish, substitute butter and coconut oil.
Per 1/6 recipe
Saturated Fat 2.5g