Chocolate Pots De Crème
1 1/2 cups half-and- half
5 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
4 large egg yolks
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups water
sweetened whipped cream for garnish
Step by step
- Combine the half and half and sugar, and heat in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove pan from heat. Add the chocolate chips and let them sit for a minute.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and vanilla, and then slowly pour in the hot cream mixture until blended and smooth.
- Strain the mixture with a sieve.
- Divide the mixture into 6 half cup ramekins and cover each one with aluminum foil.
- Place water in the pressure cooker (6qt or larger) with tripod to elevate the perforated steamer insert.
- Place ramekins in perforated steamer insert, carefully stacking if needed.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to show maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat, and cook for 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Remove ramekins with tongs and remove foil. Let cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.