Chorizo and Butternut Squash Hash
Preparation time : 45 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cups diced butternut squash
8 oz cured chorizo sausage, diced
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder and paprika
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Step by step
- Place removable cooking pot in the multi pot. Do not close the lid. Press SAUTÉ button when indicator light is flashing. P15 (minutes) will show on the LED display. Decrease cooking time to 10 minutes. Once multi pot has reached correct temperature and has beeped 3 times, the timer will start counting down.
- Add oil and half of the butternut squash. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, transfer lightly sautéed squash to bowl. Add remaining squash for the remaining 5 minutes. Spoon into bowl with the rest of the squash. Reserve and set aside.
- Restart SAUTÉ function. P15 (minutes) will show on the LED display. Lower the time to 12 minutes. Once multi pot has reached correct temperature and has beeped 3 times, the timer will start counting down.
- Stir in diced chorizo and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until roasted thoroughly. Transfer with slotted spoon into separate bowl; reserve and set aside. Stir in onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, garlic, thyme, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for the remaining 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and reserved squash. Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the STEAMING button on the multi pot. P10 (10 minutes) will show on the LED display. Reduce cooking time to 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep. Carefully remove lid, stir in reserved chorizo. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- Serve with sous vide poached or soft-cooked eggs if desired. For poached eggs, cook and set temperature to 145˚F and cooking time for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. For soft-cooked eggs, set temperature to 147˚F and cooking time for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded aged Cheddar cheese or grated Parmesan cheese before serving if desired.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 9g