Crêpes with Figs & Caramel Sauce
1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup pistachios, unsalted
1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 medium eggs
4 tsp. oil
8 fresh figs
1/2 cup brown rum
Step by step
- Shell the pistachios, and fry them without fat in a nonstick pan. Allow to cool a little, then chop coarsely.
- For the crêpe dough, mix 3 Tbsp. sugar and 1 pinch of salt with the milk, then add the eggs and mix well.
- Allow the dough to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Brush a small coated pan with ½ tsp. of oil. Pour in ¹⁄₈ of the dough, and spread this thinly with circular movements. Fry the crêpe golden brown on both sides, then place on a plate and keep warm. Proceed in the same way with the remainder of the dough.
- Rub the figs with a moist paper towel, then cut in half. Heat a stainless steel pan containing no fat, and briefly fry the figs with the cut surfaces face down. Deglaze with the rum, set the rum on fire, and wait until the flame goes out.
- To serve, arrange 2 crêpes on each plate, and distribute the figs on these. Drizzle with the caramel sauce, and sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top.