French Chocolate Tart
5.5 ounces of chocolate
4.5 Tbsp. butter
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cream
3 Tbsp. flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. of oil
1 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
Step by step
- Crumble the chocolate, and together with the butter melt it in a small saucepan.
- Place to one side, and allow to cool.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the whites together with the salt and half of the sugar until stiff.
- Stir the yolks and the remaining sugar, cream, butter and chocolate mixture until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixed with baking powder, creating a dough.
- Place the beaten egg whites on the dough, and carefully fold in.
- Brush a non-stick coated round pan (12 inches in diameter) with oil, then cover with breadcrumbs.
- Place the dough in the pan, cover with a suitable lid. Bake 20-30 minutes at 175 degrees.
- When a wooden pick inserted in the dough comes out clean, the tart is done and can be tipped onto a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar. The tart is best served warm.