Fried Asparagus Salad
¼ bunch of radishes
½ bunch of chervil
1 bunch of asparagus, white
1 bunch of asparagus, green
2 Tbsp. mustard seed, light
12 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. sugar
4 twigs of tarragon
4 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar, light
2 Tbsp. capers (in brine)
1 clove of garlic
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Step by step
- Clean and slice the radishes finely. Wash the chervil, spin dry, and pluck the leaves.
- Peel the asparagus, and cut it diagonally into thin slices.
- Boil the mustard seed in sufficient water for approximately 10 minutes, and pour into a sieve.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. of the olive oil in a nonstick fry pan, and fry the asparagus briefly. Add the sugar, allowing it to caramelize.
- Place the fried asparagus in a bowl, and fold in the drained mustard seed.
- Cut away the orange peel and the white skin using a sharp knife.
- Remove the sections, collecting 2 Tbsp. of juice in the process.
- Peel and dice the shallot finely.
- Wash and spin dry the tarragon, then pluck off the leaves and chop them finely.
- Mix the orange juice, shallot, mustard, and vinegar together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk 4 Tbsp. of oil, a portion at a time, and add the tarragon.
- Drain the capers.
- Peel the garlic and cut it in half.
- Cut the baguette into 4 long slices.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, and fry the baguette golden brown in it. Allow to drain on a paper towel, then rub garlic into the upper side, and season with salt.
- Place the capers in the pan, and fry until they break open. Then remove, and also allow to drain. Place on the bread.