Fudgy Bourbon Brownies
Preparation time : 1 hour 40 minutes
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 cup cocoa powder (approx.)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp each ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper
3/4 cup butter, cubed
3 oz unsweetened baker’s chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup bourbon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Step by step
- Grease inner pot of multi pot; line bottom and halfway up sides with single piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon and cayenne. In heatproof bowl set over larger pot of barely simmering water, melt butter and chopped chocolate. Remove from heat; stir in brown and granulated sugar. Let cool slightly.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Stir in bourbon and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Fold in dark chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Scrape into prepared inner pot; smooth top. Place inner pot in the multi pot. Close the lid, then secure it by turning it counter-clockwise to lock it in place. Turn the vent knob to SEAL.
- Press the COOKING MODE button until the BAKING indicator light is illuminated. P30 (30 minutes) will show on the LED display. Press the PRESET button and increase time to 1 hour, 30 minutes. Wait 3 seconds. It will start heating up and the time will start counting down. When the brownies are done baking, the multi pot will beep.
- To test for doneness, insert cake tester in center of brownies, only a few moist crumbs should adhere to tester.
- Remove inner from multi pot. Let cool completely on rack. Using parchment paper as handles, transfer brownies to cutting board and cut into squares. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Tip: Substitute whiskey or rye for bourbon.
Per 1/6 recipe
Saturated Fat 24g