Halibut & Pearl Barley Risotto
2 stalks of celery
1 cup Gorgonzola
5 Tbsp. oll
7 ounces pearl barley
2½ cups vegetable stock
1 Tbsp. butter
7 ounces grapes, mixed
4 halibut fillets
4 twigs of sage
Pepper, freshly milled
Step by step
- Peel the shallots and dice finely. Wash the celery and carrots, remove the ends, and dice finely. Cut the Gorgonzola into small pieces.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in a pot, and sweat the shallots in this. Add the vegetables, and fry briefly. Then add the pearl barley, and sweat briefly until slightly translucent.
- Deglaze with the vegetable stock, and add sufficient liquid to cover the pearl barley. Allow to simmer for 25 minutes, repeatedly adding stock until it has all been used up.
- Shortly before the end of the cooking time, stir in the Gorgonzola and butter. Season the risotto with salt and pepper.
- Wash the grapes and pat dry. Then cut in half, and remove any seeds. Rinse the halibut with cold water, pat dry, and season with salt.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick pan, and fry the halibut in this on each side for around 3 minutes. Shortly before the end of the cooking time, add the grapes and sage.
- Remove the halibut from the pan and season with pepper. Together with the grapes and pearl barley risotto, arrange on plates and serve immediately.