Hearty Vegetable Soup
6 cups water
1 onion, quartered
3 carrots cut into large chunks
3 stalks celery, cut into large chunks 3 cloves garlic
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp. black peppercorn
8 cups chopped vegetables, such as: asparagus, broccoli ,corn cobs (break in half), leeks, potatoes, parsnips, zucchini, mushrooms, or more onions, carrots, and celery
Step by step
- Heat water and add all ingredients in a deep pressure cooker.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and remove the cooker from the heat source.
- Release pressure by slowly pushing the release on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Cool, separating the broth from the vegetables. Pressure vegetables to release the liquid.
- Refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze for up to 4 months.