Indian Lamb Curry
18 oz leg of lamb
3.5 oz salted almonds
1 ½ cups celery sticks
4 kaffir lime leaves
1 Tbsp. yellow curry paste
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 1/2 cups lamb stock
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cardamom
½ bunch of fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 large ciabatta rolls
Step by step
- Trim away the fat from the lamb and cut into inch cubes pieces.
- Peel and dice the carrots. Rinse the celery, dry and dice.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot or roasting pan. Sear the lamb.
- Peel the garlic and cut into fine slices.
- Add the tomato paste, curry paste, cardamom, cumin, lime leaves and garlic to the lamb and continue cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the lamb stock. Simmer for 60 minutes.
- Halve the dates and remove the pit. Roughly chop the almonds.
- Cut off the tops of the bread rolls and hollow them out. Chop the fresh cilantro.
- Add the carrots, celery and dates to the curry 6 minutes before it is done cooking.
- Fill the ciabatta rolls with the lamb curry.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and almonds and enjoy warm.