Korean Short Rib Tacos
Preparation time : 55 minutes
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp gochujang chili paste
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
2 lb Korean-style beef short ribs
1 Asian pear, peeled and chopped
1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 cup finely chopped cucumbers
4 radishes, thinly sliced
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
8 corn tortillas, warmed
1/3 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
Lime wedges, for serving
Step by step
- In large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, 2 tbsp water, chili paste, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic; toss with short ribs and pear. Place in removable cooking pot in multi pot.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press MEAT/STEW button. P30 (30 minutes) will show on the LED display. Increase cook time to 35 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep. Let pressure release on its own, or press Instant Pressure Release Button for quick release. Do not hold vent knob open. Safety Note: Using quick release method will release extremely hot steam into the air. This can cause burns. Please use oven mitts to protect your hands and arms, and keep all body parts, including the face, away from the steam vent.
- Once steam is released, carefully turn lid clockwise to unlock it. Remove removable cooking pot using oven mitts for safety. If short ribs are not tender, cook for 5 minutes on MEAT/STEW function. Using 2 forks, shred meat and toss with sauce to coat.
- Assemble meat, cabbage, avocado, cucumbers, radishes and cilantro in tortillas. Sprinkle with feta. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: If desired, serve with quick pickled red onions: Thinly slice 1 red onion; toss with 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Per 2 tacos (1/4 recipe)
Saturated Fat 7g