Lemon Basil Chicken & Prosciutto
4 medium boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
8 fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 slices prosciutto
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup heavy cream
Step by step
- Lay chicken flat. Season with salt, pepper, and 2 Tbsp. lemon juice.
- Lay 2 basil leaves on one side and fold the chicken breast back together.
- Wrap a slice prosciutto around the chicken to secure.
- Heat olive oil in the pressure cooker over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken rolls, 2 minutes per side.
- Add white wine and immediately cover with lid.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid and set the rolls aside to rest.
- Whisk cream into the sauce in the pressure cooker over medium high heat. Boil to reduce until thickened.
- Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and remaining lemon juice.
- Cut the rolls in thick slices and serve with sauce.
You can add saffron or fresh herbs (tarragon, thyme to the sauce.)
If fresh basil is not available you can use pesto inside the chicken rolls.