Lobster Asparagus Risotto
Preparation time : 40 minutes
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
1 lb chopped cooked lobster meat
2 leeks, sliced (white and light green parts only)
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
1 cup Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 3/4 cups seafood or fish broth
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp 35% whipping cream
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
Step by step
- Place removable cooking pot in the multi pot. Do not close the lid. Press SAUTÉ button when indicator light is flashing. P15 (minutes) will show on the LED display. Once multi pot has reached correct temperature and has beeped 3 times, the timer will start counting down.
- Add butter and 1 tbsp oil; heat for 1 minute. Add asparagus, and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to soften. Stir in lobster meat. Cook for 2 more minutes or until lobster is well coated in butter and asparagus is tender. Remove from pot.
- Add remaining oil, leeks, shallots, garlic and thyme. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Stir in rice, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until rice is well coated. Stir in wine; bring to boil or until timer beeps. Stir in broth.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the RICE button. P12 (12 minutes) will show on the LED display. Decrease time to 8 minutes. Wait 3 seconds. It will start cooking and the time will start counting down. When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep.
- Let pressure release on its own, or press Instant Pressure Release Button for quick release. Do not hold vent knob open. Safety Note: Using quick release method will release extremely hot steam into the air. This can cause burns. Please use oven mitts to protect your hands and arms, and keep all body parts, including the face, away from the steam vent.
- Once steam is released, carefully turn lid clockwise to unlock it. Remove removable cooking pot using oven mitts for safety. Set KEEP WARM function. Stir in reserved lobster and asparagus, lemon juice and cream. Cook until heated through and rice is tender. Stir in parsley, chives and tarragon.
- Substitute shrimp or scallops for lobster.
- If desired, serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 6g