8 oz egg liqueur
1/3 cup milk
1 yeast cube
5 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
Step by step
- Heat the egg liqueur and the milk until lukewarm. Crumble in the yeast and dissolve by stirring.
- Combine the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, egg and a pinch of salt. Pour in the milk mixture.
- Knead the dough using the dough hook and leave to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven (400 °F). Melt the butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar in a saucepan. Put the rest of the brown sugar on a baking tin. Briefly knead the dough. Scoop walnut-sized dough clumps (20-25) and press a chocolate chip into the center of each one. Form the dough into balls and roll in the brown sugar. Grease the bundt cake pan and dust with flour.
- Place half of the dough balls into the tin and spread half of the warm butter and the hazelnuts on top.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Bake the monkey bread in a preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Serve.
Lay baking paper on the oven shelf to prevent the caramel from dripping onto the bottom of the oven.