Mussels in White Wine & Saffron
2 lbs. fresh mussels, rinsed
1 cup dry white wine
4 shallots, finely sliced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Cloves garlic, finely sliced
2 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped leaves only (no stems)
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. saffron
Salt and pepper
Step by step
- Heat up the pressure cooker with olive oil, sauté the shallots and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add wine, saffron, tarragon, the mussels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Transfer into serving bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with a fresh baguette and a cold glass of white wine.