Panna Cotta & Pineapple
For the marinated pineapple:
1 cup water
¼ cup sugar
5 black peppercorns, lightly crushed with the back of a knife
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch saffron
Peel of 1 small orange thinly peeled
Peel of 1 small lemon thinly peeled
5 rosemary needles
1 baby pineapple sliced
For the panna cotta:
¾ cup fresh cream
¼ cup milk
¼ cup sugar
½ vanilla bean
2 medium egg whites
For the herb puree
4 basil leaves
2 mint leaves
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sugar
Step by step
To prepare the marinated pineapple:
- Bring the water to the boil in a Fissler pot on the stove, remove from the stove, add the other ingredients, allow the flavor to develop.
- Remove the hard central part from the baby pineapple. Cut the fruit into paper-thin slices. Marinate the pineapple slices in the cooled syrup for at least 24 hours.
To prepare the panna cotta:
- Mix the cream, milk, sugar, removed vanilla seeds and bean and bring to a boil in a Fissler pot. Remove the pot from the stove and remove the vanilla bean. Whip the egg white with a mixer until stiff, and gradually fold into the mixture of vanilla, cream, and milk. Pour the mixture into 4 soufflé dishes until the dishes are full to the brim.
- Fill the Fissler pressure cooker (4.5 l) with water up to the minimum mark. Place 2 dishes in the steamer inset, and use the tripod to place this in the Fissler pressure cooker. Close the Fissler pressure cooker in accordance with the instructions. Set the cooking display with traffic light function to 1 (gentle setting), and heat the pressure cooker at the stove’s maximum capacity.
- When the yellow ring appears, immediately switch the stove to the lowest setting. As soon as the green ring appears, the cooking time of 7 minutes begins. Then leave the pressure cooker to cool for a few minutes before opening it in accordance with the instructions.
- Remove the panna cotta from the inset, leave to cool, then place it in the refrigerator for a few hours. During this time, repeat the procedure with the 2 remaining soufflé dishes, ensuring that there is enough water in the pressure cooker.
- For the herb puree, grind all the ingredients thoroughly in the mortar.
- Drizzle the panna cotta with a few drops of herb puree and serve with the marinated pineapple slices.