Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Bowl
Preparation time : 25 minutes
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/3 cups steel-cut oats
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups sliced fresh or thawed frozen peaches
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
Step by step
- Place milk and 2 cups water in the removable cooking pot and place the pot in the multi pot. Stir oats and salt into the cooking pot, ensuring that oats are submerged.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the OATMEAL button. 00:05 (5 minutes) will show on the LED display. Increase cook time to 15 minutes. Wait 3 seconds. It will start cooking and the time will start counting down. When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep.
- Let pressure release on its own, or press Instant Pressure Release Button for quick release. Do not hold vent knob open. Safety Note: Using quick release method will release extremely hot steam into the air. This can cause burns. Please use oven mitts to protect your hands and arms, and keep all body parts, including the face, away from the steam vent.
- Once steam is released, carefully turn lid clockwise to unlock it. Remove removable cooking pot using oven mitts for safety.
- Set KEEP WARM function. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until oats are tender. Divide among 4 bowls. Top with peaches, dollop of yogurt, drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkle of pecans.
Tip: Boost oats with ground flax seeds, chia seeds or hemp seeds.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 3g