“Pho” Chicken Noodle Soup
Preparation time : 1 hour
6 oz broad flat rice noodles
3 tbsp canola oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 whole star anise
8 coins fresh ginger (1/4-inch thick slices)
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp brown sugar
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup matchstick carrots
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup torn fresh Thai basil leaves
1 finger hot chili pepper, thinly sliced
Lime wedges, for serving
Step by step
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions; reserve and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place removable cooking pot in the multi pot. Do not close the lid. Press SAUTÉ button when indicator light is flashing. P15 (minutes) will show on the LED display. Decrease cook time to 10 minutes. Once multi pot has reached correct temperature and has beeped 3 times, the timer will start counting down.
- Add oil; heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken starts to brown or the 10 minute timer beeps. Stir in broth, oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, star anise, ginger, cinnamon sticks and brown sugar.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the SOUP/BROTH button on the multi pot when the indicator light is flashing. P25 (25 minutes) will show on the LED display.
- When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep. You can either wait to let pressure release on its own, or you may press Instant Pressure Release Button for a quick release. Do not hold vent knob open. Safety Note: Using quick release method will release extremely hot steam into the air. This can cause burns. Please use oven mitts to protect your hands and arms, and keep all body parts, including the face, away from the steam vent.
- Once steam is released, carefully turn lid clockwise to unlock it. Remove the removable cooking pot using oven mitts for safety. Set on KEEP WARM function.
- Divide noodles, broth and chicken among 4 bowls. Top with bean sprouts, carrots, onions, cilantro, mint, Thai basil and chili pepper. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Alternatively, drizzle soup with sriracha hot sauce instead of using a chili pepper.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 1.5g