Potatoes Stuffed with Beans & Bacon
2 large potatoes
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 red chili
½ can baked beans
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
4 strips of bacon
4 tbsp vegetable oil
Step by step
- Wash the potatoes, slice off the ends. Cut each potato into 4 equal slices.
- Cut a hole in the center of each slice.
- Bring a pot 7 cups of water with salt and turmeric to a boil and cook the potato slices for 10 minutes.
- Wash the cilantro and chop finely.
- Cut the chilies in half lengthwise, de-seed and cut into thin strips.
- Combine the baked beans with the cilantro, chili and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes. Lay the bacon lengthwise on a flat surface place the potato on top of the bacon.
- Fill the hole with the beans.
- Wrap the bacon around the potato to cover the hole.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the potatoes, 2 minutes per side.
- Season and serve.
Another delicious filling would be ratatouille or feta cheese with olives.