Prawns with Glass Noodles
22 oz frozen prawns
14 oz green asparagus
2 garlic cloves
3.5 oz rice noodles
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sweet red chili sauce
Step by step
- Allow the prawns to defrost. Remove the shell and de-vein.
- Then rinse and dry well with a paper towel.
- Peel 2 carrots and chop. Pre-heat the steamer to 225°F. Wash the asparagus and cut off the ends.
- Chop the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the asparagus and the carrots into the steamer and cook for 3 minutes at 225 °F.
- Peel 3 garlic cloves and mince. Rinse the chilies, cut in half lengthwise, de-seed and cut into thin strips.
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Allow to drain in a sieve and set aside.
- Wash the cilantro, pat dry and chop. Wash and halve the limes.
- Heat the sesame oil in the wok. Stir-fry the garlic, prawns and chili for approx. 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, cilantro and asparagus and fry for another minute.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Arrange the rice noodles and prawns on plates, drizzle with chili sauce and serve with half a lime.
If green asparagus is not available, white can be used instead. In this case, though, the entire asparagus needs to be peeled.