Ratatouille Sous Vide
Preparation time : 2 hours 15 minutes
2 small zucchini, chopped
1 small eggplant, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp herbes de Provence
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Step by step
- Toss together zucchini, eggplant, red pepper, onion, tomatoes, oil, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Seal in vacuum bag or zipper-lock bag.
- Fill the removable cooking pot with a minimum of 3QT of water and place it in the multi pot. Lock lid into place. Set vent knob to open. On multi pot, press SousVide button. It starts out at a temperature of 122˚F. Press SousVide button again within 3 seconds and set temperature to 185˚F. Set cooking time for 2 hours.
- When water has reached desired temperature, multi pot will beep 3 times. Add vegetables and place the lid on, keeping the vent open.
- When cook time is complete, carefully remove vegetables. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove from bag. Toss with parsley.
- If desired, add a few chopped sun-dried black olives and capers to ratatouille for a zesty flavor.
- Substitute basil for parsley if desired.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 2g