Risotto & Asparagus
1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup pearl rice (risotto rice)
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup asparagus cut in l inch pieces (blanched)
2 cans chicken broth (10.5 ounces each)
salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, fennel to taste
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Step by step
- Add Italian sausage, onion, and garlic in pressure cooker pan. Saute for a few minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and spices.
- Add wine and cook another few minutes.
- Turn burner to high. Add rice and 1 l/2 cans of the chicken broth. Stir until steaming.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat.
- Cook for 9 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by pressing the button on the handle slowly.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Stir risotto. Add more broth (from the half can remaining) if needed.
- If broth is added, wait until it is temperature returns to high temperature, then stir in asparagus.
- Top risotto with Parmesan cheese. Cover until melted.