Sweet Potato Gnocchi
2 lbs sweet potatoes
4 stalks thyme
4 stalks sage
2 stalks rosemary
1.8 oz parmesan cheese
5 cups flour
2 tablespoons butter
5 fresh tomatoes, finely diced
Step by step
- Peel sweet potatoes, finely dice and boil until cooked through, approx. 20 minutes. Chop herbs, dice tomatoes and grate the Parmesan cheese. Drain the sweet potatoes and mash them directly in the pot.
- Add egg and flour to the mashed sweet potatoes and knead into a dough.
- Season with salt and nutmeg.
- On a floured work surface, form the dough into long “snakes” approx. 2 cm wide. Cut the dough into pieces about 1/2 in. long, form into balls and roll them along the prongs of a fork. Tip: If the dough is too sticky, add flour until you reach the right consistency.
- Cook the raw gnocchi in gently simmering, salted water for approx. 3 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a pan, add half of the gnocchi, the herbs, and tomatoes and sauté. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat this procedure with the remaining gnocchi.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and Parmesan cheese and serve.