Tahini Miso Salmon
Preparation time : 55 minutes
1 tbsp tahini paste
4 tsp rice wine vinegar
4 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp white miso paste
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 finger hot chili pepper, thinly sliced
1 tsp honey
1 tsp sesame oil
4 skinless salmon fillets (5 to 6 oz each)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Step by step
- In large bowl, whisk together tahini paste, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce until smooth; stir in miso, ginger, chili pepper, honey and sesame oil.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towel; toss salmon in marinade. Seal each fillet with some of the marinade in vacuum bag or zipper-lock bag.
- Fill the removable cooking pot with a minimum of 3QT of water and place it in the multi pot. Lock lid into place. Set vent knob to open. On multi pot, press SousVide button. It starts out at a temperature of 122˚F. Press SousVide button again within 3 seconds and set temperature to 120˚F for a moist, tender salmon. Set cook time for 45 minutes.
- When water has reached desired temperature, multi pot will beep 3 times. Add salmon and place the lid on, keeping the vent open.
- When cook time is complete, carefully remove salmon. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove salmon from bags and pat off excess marinade if desired. Sprinkle with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Tip: Serve salmon over a bed of rice, quinoa or couscous.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 2g