Tender Turkey & Fig Sauce
4 bone- in skinless turkey thighs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups leeks or onions, chopped
1 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 cup chicken broth
12 dried figs, cut in half
1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp. lemon zest
salt and pepper
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium high heat. Add leeks (or onions) and cook until they soften.
- Add the vinegar and tomato paste, stir lightly.
- Add the chicken broth, stir well.
- Place the turkey on top of sauce.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rod rises to maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and let the pressure naturally go down. Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- Internal temperature of the thigh should read at least 170° or 180° for very well done dark meat.
- If necessary cover and cook over medium heat for a 3-5 minutes.
- Let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Use immersion blender to puree half of the sauce. Mix back together both halves of the sauce, and boil the sauce until it thickens and becomes syrupy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add rosemary and lemon zest before serving.