Preparation time : 50 minutes
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 tsp each salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
4 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground turmeric and paprika
1 cup strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups steamed rice, for serving
Step by step
- Place removable cooking pot in the multi pot. Do not close the lid. Press SAUTÉ button when indicator light is flashing. P15 (minutes) will show on the LED display. Decrease cook time to 10 minutes. Once multi pot has reached correct temperature and has beeped 3 times, the timer will start counting down.
- Add butter and oil; heat for 1 minute. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric and paprika. Continue to cook until timer beeps. Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press MEAT/STEW button. P30 (30 minutes) will show on the LED display. Decrease time to 15 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, multi pot will beep. You can either wait to let pressure release on its own, or you may press Instant Pressure Release Button for a quick release. Do not hold vent knob open. Safety Note: Using quick release method will release extremely hot steam into the air. This can cause burns. Please use oven mitts to protect your hands and arms, and keep all body parts, including the face, away from the steam vent.
- Once steam is released, carefully turn lid clockwise to unlock it. Remove removable cooking pot using oven mitts for safety.
- Set to KEEP WARM function. Stir in peas until heated through. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Serve with rice.
- Also delicious with naan bread.
- If preferred, stir in baby spinach along with peas; cook just until starting to wilt.
Per 1/4 recipe
Saturated Fat 16g