Tuna Tartar & Wasabi Nuts
1 red chili pepper
3 tbsp. oyster sauce
3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1/3 cup water
7 ounces of sushi quality tuna
1 lime, organic
¼ bunch Thai basil
1 1/2 Tbsp ginger
1/3 cup Wasabi nuts
4 tbsp. soy sauce
Salt, fresh pepper
Step by step
- Wash the chili, cut in half lengthwise, core, and slice into thin strips.
- Bring to a boil in a pot with the oyster sauce, sesame seeds, sugar, oil, and water.
- Wash the cucumber, and peel it with a potato peeler. Cut the peel into fine strips, and dice the fruit flesh.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. Remove the fruit flesh from the skin and dice finely, mix the diced cucumber and avocado with the spiced broth. Season the relish with salt and pepper.
- Dice the tuna finely. Grate the lime peel and press out the juice.
- Wash the basil, shake dry, and cut the leaves into fine strips.
- Peel and grate the ginger. Chop the Wasabi nuts finely.
- Put all the ingredients except the Wasabi nuts in a bowl. Season with soy sauce, mix well.
- Split the tartar into 8 equal portions. Press the mixture firmly into ball shapes, and roll these in the chopped nuts.
- Place two tartar balls on each plate together with the relish, and serve immediately.