Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
Preparation time : 3 hours 20 minutes
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 vanilla bean
2 pkg (8 oz each) brick-style cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tbsp 35% heavy cream
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/4 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp strawberry jam
Step by step
- Crust: Line sides of 6- or 7-inch springform pan with parchment paper collar. In small bowl, toss together crumbs, butter, brown sugar and salt. Press into bottom and 1-inch up side of pan; set aside.
- Cheesecake: Using small thin knife, split vanilla bean lengthwise; scrape along inside of each half to release seeds. Set aside.
- In stand mixer using paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, sugar, flour and salt until smooth. Add eggs, one at time, scraping down side of bowl as needed. Add cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla seeds, mixing until incorporated. Pour over crust and smooth top.
- Place inner pot in the multi pot. Fit inner pot with steaming rack. Place cheesecake on steaming rack. Close the lid, then secure it by turning it counter-clockwise to lock it in place. Turn the vent knob to SEAL.
- Press the COOKING MODE button until the CAKE indicator light is illuminated. P48 (48 minutes) will show on the LED display. Press the PRESET button and increase time to 2 hours 30 minutes. Wait 3 seconds. It will start cooking and the time will start counting down. When cooking is complete, the multi pot will beep.
- Test for doneness; cake should be just set but center still slightly jiggly and instant-read thermometer should register 155˚F. Remove lid and let cake stand in multi pot for 30 minutes.
- Release cake and remove from springform pan. Gently peel off parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Strawberry Compote: Toss together strawberries, icing sugar, lemon juice and strawberry jam. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cake to serving plate. Top with strawberry compote.
- Substitute 2 tsp vanilla extract for vanilla bean if desired.
- Substitute raspberries and raspberry jam or blueberries and blueberry jam for strawberries and strawberry jam in compote.
Per 1/6 recipe
Saturated Fat 20g