Vanilla Sweet Potatoes
1 cup water
2 lbs. sweet potatoes, washed and cut into 2 inch chunks
8 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
Step by step
- Place sweet potatoes in perforated steamer insert, and place insert elevated on the tripod in the pressure cooker.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Heat on high until pressure builds and the indicator rises to maximum pressure.
- Turn down the heat. Cook for 9 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and release the pressure by slowly pressing the button on the handle.
- Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- In a mixing bowl, remove skins and mash sweet potatoes with other ingredients.