Preparation time : 1 hour 35 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 poblano chili pepper, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 medium sweet potato, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes
2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups mixed dried beans (such as pinto beans, black beans and kidney beans)
1/3 cup smoky barbecue sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 ripe avocados, halved, peeled and sliced
4 radishes, thinly sliced
1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
Lime wedges, for serving
Step by step
- Place removable cooking pot in the multi pot. Do not close the lid. Press SAUTÉ button when indicator light is flashing. P15 (minutes) will show on the LED display. Reduce cook time to 10 minutes. Once multi pot has reached correct temperature and has beeped 3 times, the timer will start counting down.
- Add oil; heat for 1 minute. Add onion, celery, poblano, carrot, sweet potato, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until timer beeps. Stir in roasted tomatoes, broth, beans, barbecue sauce and tomato paste.
- Close and secure lid in place. Turn vent knob to Seal. Press the BEANS/CHILI button. P35 (35 minutes) will show on the LED display. Increase time to 59 minutes. Wait 3 seconds. It will start cooking and the time will start counting down. When cooking is complete, the multi pot will beep.
- Let pressure release on its own, or press Instant Pressure Release Button for quick release. Do not hold vent knob open. Safety Note: Using quick release method will release extremely hot steam into the air. This can cause burns. Please use oven mitts to protect your hands and arms, and keep all body parts, including the face, away from the steam vent.
- Once steam is released, carefully turn lid clockwise to unlock it. Remove removable cooking pot using oven mitts for safety. If beans are not tender, cook on BEANS/CHILI function for 5 more minutes.
- Set KEEP WARM function. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cook until corn is heated through. Serve chili in bowls. Top with avocado, radish and jalapeño. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Serve with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sour cream if desired.
Per 1/8 recipe
Saturated Fat 1.5g