Dessert Dream: Rhubarb Crumble
Whether it's for a spring picnic, afternoon coffee or dessert - a warm rhubarb crumble invites you to enjoy. And the best thing about it: preparing a crumble is child's play. A crumble is simply seasonal fruits that are baked in a baking dish along with tasty crumbles. For May, we have a recipe with the sweet and tart aromas of rhubarb. Served with creamy vanilla ice cream, this warm crumble is a real dessert dream.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
4 cups rhubarb 1 vanilla pod 1 tbsp lemon juice ¾ cup sugar 1 2/3 cup flour salt 4 oz. butter, cold 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (fan oven).
2. Wash, dry and cut rhubarb into bite-size pieces.
3. Scrape pulp from vanilla bean.
4. Mix rhubarb pieces with vanilla pulp, lemon juice and ½ cup sugar.
5. Mix remaining sugar with flour and a pinch of salt for the crumble.
6. Cut butter into cubes and add to flour mixture.
7. As long as butter is still cold, knead quickly into sprinkles.
8. Now fill rhubarb into a large baking dish or several small ramekins and spread the crumble over it.
9. Cook crumble in oven for about 35 minutes.
10. Finally serve with vanilla ice cream.
Tip: Instead of ice cream, whipped cream or vanilla sauce is also delicious.
Picture: © zefirchik06 / istock