Simple & Refreshing: Ginger Lemonade
Easy to make, refreshing to drink – homemade ginger lemonade puts a spicy twist on a classic summer drink. It’s a beverage with personality to sip and savor.
4-inch piece of ginger ½ cup brown sugar 4¼ cups water 5 stems of mint ¾ cup fresh lemon juice 1 lemon
1. Cut unpeeled ginger into thin slices and bring to a boil briefly with sugar and water. Then, remove from stovetop.
2. Remove mint leaves from stems and place in liquid. Keep a few leaves for garnish.
3. Let liquid cool and only then add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
4. Put liquid through a sieve, pour into a carafe and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
5. To serve, fill brew with the equal parts of tap water or carbonated mineral water. Add ice cubes if desired and garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves.
Tip: Instead of lemons, you can also use limes or oranges.
Picture: © wmaster890 / istock