The perfect smoothie bowl
This colorful smoothie bowl will start your day right. A delicious recipe with fruit, natural yogurt and crispy toppings makes for a nutritious breakfast. And if you’re in a rush, the base for the smoothie can be prepped the night before!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
1 cup raspberries
¼ cup blueberries
¼ cup ginger
2 cups natural yogurt
4 tbsp almonds
4 tbsp poppy seeds
4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
granola to top
1. Peel bananas and cut into pieces.
2. Wash apples, remove core and cut into pieces. Set aside a few pieces for topping.
3. Peel oranges and cut in small pieces.
4. Wash raspberries and blueberries and pat dry. Put some berries aside for topping.
5. Scrape skin off ginger with a spoon. Then chop ginger.
6. Place fruit in a blender along with the yogurt and ginger. Puree to desired consistency.
7. Roughly chop almonds.
8. Put fruit yogurt base in four bowls. Serve with reserved fruit, plus chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds and granola.