The perfect summer salad
A summer salad is perfect in the warm months, whether as a crispy side dish, a snack at a picnic or a light dinner during the week. This recipe of spicy arugula, sour feta and sweet-fruity watermelon refreshes and brings carefree enjoyment on hot days.
2¼ cups of watermelon, diced 10 oz. arugula 1 cup feta cheese 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped 2 limes 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon orange juice pepper sugar mint
1. Cut watermelon into small, bite-sized pieces.
2. Wash arugula and pat dry.
3. Cut feta into small pieces.
4. Chop walnuts and toast in a non-stick pan.
5. For the dressing, roll limes on a hard surface first so that the juice dissolves better. Then cut in half and juice.
6. Mix lime juice with oil and orange juice. Add sugar to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Finally dress the arugula with dressing, and fold in melon, feta and roasted walnuts.
8. Garnish with chopped mint leaves, optional.
Picture: © molka / istock